Tuesday, August 7, 2012

A Bear Totem

I sculpted this little bear the other night and added his beads today.  He's small - 2" tall and 1 1/2" wide - and is meant to be a totem.  The beads I chose for him symbolize, for me, joy and inspiration, as does the bear cub itself.

A few weeks ago I opened an Etsy shop, The Foxes' Garden, and now have five items listed.  As usual, I'm not that interested in selling my work, but how many things can I keep?  I've set my prices pretty high so hopefully I won't feel too bad if they sell.

I think the sculpting on this piece turned out good.  Lately I've been sculpting nearly one little piece a day, working in the evenings after my mural painting sessions, and I'm finding that the practice seems to have a positive effect on the quality.

A few people from my art group have remarked that they think sculpting these little animals is my first love, and they may indeed be correct!

No comments:

Post a Comment