Tuesday, August 21, 2012

The Winter Mural

Here are parts of the winter mural - the center part isn't pictured because I can't get far back enough to photograph it.

Before I started this one I anticipated that it would be the most difficult of the four seasons and it turned out that way - at least the most difficult of the three so far.  What made the difference wasn't just the challenge of the snow but also the meticulousness of painting the bare branches.

My general strategy for the snow was to make it more gray and purple in the distance to pure colors and more blue in the nearground.

It was really fun to paint.  And I'm planning to do more winter scenes when I'm done with the murals.

I will be sad to part with this one.




The foxes with the shadows finished

No comments:

Post a Comment