Sunday, September 23, 2012

The Background Takes Shape

This afternoon I worked on the background adding the weeds, the snow-covered pine branches, and the shadow beneath them.  Although I am flying blind with this I am finding the snow fun to paint.  Once I get to the foxes I'll be on more familiar ground.  By the way, dotting in the snow flakes is tedious but doable.  It only took me about half and hour despite my fears that it would seem like a never-ending task!

As I look at the photo, I think I should put more of the dried weeds in.  Specifically I think they should be in a deeper band covering the entire light purple area under the dark purple part and extending un the long branch that goes behind the top of the fox's head.  So I'll do that tomorrow before I continue to the foxes.

No comments:

Post a Comment