Monday, December 31, 2012

Lady Elaine

Here is Lady Elaine, from the King Arthur legend.

As with the Kindly Shepherdess, I sculpted her head and paws from polymer clay and then painted them.  From there, I made her like any other doll with a felt-covered wire armature and cloth body.

Lady Elaine would have lived much earlier than this costume indicated.  This costume is more of a twelfth century English style.  But, to tell the truth, I originally set out to make Maid Marian from the Robin Hood legend.  But part way through I realized that silk would have been the wrong fabric so I switch to Lady Elaine.

The only touch that really identifies her is the lily she's holding.

I most enjoy making the animal dolls.  I'm contemplating a Robin Hood group for a project in the not too distant future.

No comments:

Post a Comment