Thursday, May 22, 2014

What is a Raccoon's Special Knowledge?

 I just finished glazing this little raccoon shaman.  He is 4" tall, so pretty small.  The placement of the glaze on his head was pretty exacting and I'm pleased with the way it turned out.  I think it may be the most detailed glaze pattern I've attempted so far.

For the cloak, I used two little stamps that I purchased a few years ago and finally found a euse for, and also my trusty wire coils.

I'd like to make some small patterned stamps of my own.  That would make my pieces more truly mine.  I guess I could do that.  Just have to do the camera-ready art work and find a place that makes stamps.  So....I'll put that on my list!

There's another little shaman waiting for me to glaze - two more, actually.  A goat and a fox.  The color I used for the top of the raccoon's head would probably work for the fox.  Too bad I can't remember what it was!

No comments:

Post a Comment