Wednesday, July 29, 2015

It's True -

Air expands when heated!  What you see in the photo is proof!

I had the kiln loaded and was reading for a few hours before bed when I heard a strange sound which I can't really describe.  But I had the feeling that it was something in the kiln breaking.  All I wanted to do is open the kiln to see what was going on, but of course I couldn't.

It wasn't until the next morning that the kiln was cool enough to open.  Although I was dismayed that this raccoon was ruined, I was grateful that everything else in the kiln was undamaged.

I put the pieces together to see if I could figure out what had happened, and wouldn't you know it, I forgot to poke a hole in the bottom of the hollow sculpture.  I was mad at myself for being so careless, but glad that the lesson didn't cost me more!

No comments:

Post a Comment