Sunday, July 19, 2015

Shelter Dogs - a new Project!

 
My sister and I were out and about last weekend and stumbled into the weekly adoption event at our local dog shelter, Foothill Dog Rescue (you can find them on Facebook).  Kerry and her crew of volunteers do such a wonderful job.  They have adopted out 800 dogs in the last two years, most rescued from high-kill shelters throughout Northern California.  They truly do God's work.
 
I decided to paint portraits of some of the dogs and then have greeting cards made from the paintings.  I'll put something about the Rescue group, as well as what I know of the dog's story, on the back.  I'll donate some of the cards to the Rescue Group and offer then rest for sale on my Etsy shop with all proceeds going to the group.  It's a way to help.
 
Anyway, I'm starting with soft-body acrylic on Strathmore Mixed Media paper. Initially, I'm working monotone, with Raw Sienna.  After that, I'm not quite sure what I'll do.  Here's the result of day 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment