Thursday, September 29, 2016

A Traveler


I think it was about a year and a half ago that I made a wild pig monk.  I liked it so much that I kept it, but now I've made another, this time for my Etsy shop.

I used a rubber stamp for the design on the front of his habit, but other than that I've sculpted this completely by hand.  I enjoy trying for the tattered look and using forest colors.  This green glaze is Kelp Green and it has a nice matte finish while sinking into the indentations to make the pattern stand out.  I think the tusks are a nice touch!

His walking stick is a piece of oak root.  We had some excavation done on the property this summer and is exposed these roots which have such wonderful twisting shapes.  They are every bit as hard and tree branches and they're an absolutely great find!


No comments:

Post a Comment