Thursday, September 22, 2016

The Little Bear Forest Wall Shrine


When I finished this piece I liked it so much that I wanted to keep it for my personal collection.  But, in the end, I went ahead and listed it in my Etsy shop.  After all, if it sells and I still want one I can make another one for myself - a benefit of being the artist!

Anyway, glazing this piece was a real pain, especially the backdrop with all the little spaces between the leaves.  With glaze, you can't just cover the whole piece with the background blue and then put the greens for the leaves over it.  You have to paint each bit separately - and with three coats!  So, it took a long time, but I think the results were worth it.  I really like the colors.  (No surprise there since these are the colors I seem to drift to time and time again.  In fact, it takes effort to use other colors!)

I think the little bear's pose almost makes him look like he's preaching the to birds and animals of the forests.  I hope he finds a nice home.


No comments:

Post a Comment