Thursday, June 29, 2017

Green Wolf


This post is out of sequence, but oh, well!

Today I finally found the time to try painting a few little animals inspired by watching Tracy Verdugo's on-line class "Animal Antics."  By the way, I highly recommend this class and anything from Tracy.  She's a wonderful teacher with a delightful personality. And her art is fabulous, so look her up!

Her technique for these little creatures is to work on watercolor paper with Daler Rowney acrylic inks.  First, she paints the animal shape with clear water, then drops in bits of ink which spread and swirl on the wet paper, but don't cross the line into the dry paper unless you draw them there with a brush or - her favorite - a wooden skewer.

I did eight little animals, but this is the only one I liked.  I finished it with the gold edge, the little white dots, and the gold spiral in the sun and gold and white dots for the collar.

I enjoyed this process and, clearly, there is a lot to learn.  Instead of working with a lot of different animals, I think I'll proceed by doing lots of wolves and then moving on to another kind of animal.  Looking forward to it!



No comments:

Post a Comment