Sunday, June 4, 2017

Polar Presence


The final class I took at Art and Soul was with Kitty Miller.  We worked on canvas with a variety of DecoArt and Golden products.  I worked on three pieces.  The first I completed, and it was a fancy background with fish.  The second, I did the fancy background and based in an octopus.  This one, I only did the background for.

I didn't like either of the first two pieces, so I threw them away when I got home, but I decided to finish this one with a polar bear.  I added the painted swirls and glued spangles over the background.

So in the class, we mainly worked on the backgrounds, using stencils, alcohol to move the acrylic paint around while it was still wet, and lots of wet-in-wet and splashing work.  It was fun, but I don't think I will adopt any of the techniques that were new to me.  The results are a little brash for my tastes.

But on the positive side, Kitty is a great teacher, full of enthusiasm and knowledge that she is happy to share - altogether a good experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment