Monday, December 5, 2016

Thirty Little Collages - River Otter

This group of postings show the finished 6" x 6" collages and also the text that I wrote about the animal and included in the collage.


It is sad but true that most of the animals I am drawing and writing about in this series I have never seen in real life.  But thanks to photos, videos, and nature shows, I feel that I know them.  So, I think I know that river otters really know how to have fun.

They are spectacularly agile and fast in the water - just the skills they need to fill their tummies.  But thanks to legs - as opposed to seal's legs/flippers - they are equally agile on land, ready to careen down muddy or snowy banks, twisting, turning, chasing, evading, and, I think, laughing the whole time.

Otters have much to teach us.

No comments:

Post a Comment