Saturday, July 9, 2016

Burdz in Niches - Finished!


 It's finished!  And I'm really happy with it.  Actually, more than that - I really like it!  Yea!

I will enter it in "Cloth, Paper, Scissors" magazine's mixed media competition.  It would be so cool to be one of the winners, because then the piece would be published in their magazine.  That could change my life!

Anyway, I really like this way of working - starting with the black and white collage then adding layers and layers of transparent acrylic washes.  The dark and light patterns that emerge are sometimes surprising and seemingly always interesting.

My favorite part is the green right side.

I was a bit worried about all the color in the pennant garlands, but in the end, I think it's fine - largely because the color is concentrated rather than spread out all over the piece so it accentuates the color on the birds.  I mean, the "burdz!"


No comments:

Post a Comment