Monday, July 4, 2016

Continuing with Burdz in Niches


My next step was to add the bottom layer of collage - all black and white (or off white) - mostly for texture, and a little bit for the images.  I tried to concentrate the darker pieces towards the top and tried also to balance the browner, that is, the more aged, pieces across the whole.

I also made some little pennant pieces that I will decorate and then make little banners from to hand from beneath the niches.  For those, I started with a piece of Strathmore mixed media paper and glued some of the same papers I used for this layer of collage on both sides.  I stuck with the lighter pages.  Then I cut the banner pieces from that.  To glue the papers on, I used a Mini Collage Glue Stick from www.rangerink.com.  I really like this glue stick because it doesn't buckle the paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment