Tuesday, July 26, 2016

My Ceramic Fox Family


I originally had mixed feelings about this little sculpture.  But I held out hope that it would be better when glazed.  When I took it out of the kiln I wasn't happy with it.  I thought mom's cloak was too washed out and that her dress was not as light as I wanted it.  But the more I looked at it, the more I liked it.  I guess the expressions worked their magic with me.


Here are the two young girls.  I wasn't able to get their paws touching, but I guess it looks like I've captured the moment when they're reaching for each other's hands.


And here's the family.  They're going to Grandma's house to show her the new baby.  The colors are subdued, and probably (I wouldn't know, really) not from this year's favored palette, but I'm happy with them.  I've taken liberty with this family portrayal because in nature all the siblings would be the same age!

I started to list them for my Etsy shop, but decided to get a few opinions about pricing - one of my really weak points!

No comments:

Post a Comment