Tuesday, December 27, 2016

The Completed Goat Icon


I'm very happy with the way this turned out and so is my sister (it was a gift for her).  Plus, after a little trepidation and something of a lost feeling at the beginning, it was a lot of fun.  The original inspiration was the little resin goat at the top that I got at a flea market last year.  Then I saw the photo of the goat in a catalog and was smitten by her sweet face.  The third goat piece was the little acrylic painting I did.


I started to do a collage of magazine pieces behind the photo of the goat but was initially very unhappy with it.  But once I went back over it with slightly tinted gesso to push the whole thing back and subdue the color contrasts I liked it very much.  Then I put the word "capra" - female goat - on and added the little sprigs of foliage by painting them in.  I will use this technique again as I like the aged feeling it gives me.


Since this goat is so cute, how could I resist giving her a rhinestone collar?  That's part of the attraction of collage for me - it's liberating...

No comments:

Post a Comment