Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Thirty Little Collages - Gray Squirrel

This group of postings show the finished 6" x 6" collages and also the text that I wrote about the animal and included in the collage.


The first animals I ever loved - Eastern Gray Squirrels, to be exact, along with the occasional melanistic individual.  The house I grew up in had been in the woods, with plenty of beech and hickory trees as well as a number of different varieties of oak.  We tamed some of the fluffy tailed residents so that they would take nuts from our hands.  Every encounter I had with them was filled with admiration on my part - how strong!  how agile!  how persistent!  what tireless workers!  and, above all, how darn cute!  It didn't take long for me to fall in love, and to fall in love for life!

No comments:

Post a Comment