Friday, December 16, 2016

Thirty Little Collages - Kestrel (a.k.a. Merlin)



This group of postings show the finished 6" x 6" collages and also the text that I wrote about the animal and included in the collage.


I would frequently see kestrels perching on the phone wires and I became fascinated by these very special birds.  I found specifications, build a kestrel house,, and installed it at the proper height in a black walnut tree near the road by my house.  Sure enough, a pair moved in and before long we were aware of three fledglings.

One day a couple driving by stopped to alert us that a large young bird was in the road.  My husband picked up the wanderer and returned it to its nest box.  But first we got a good look at it and I can tell you that even at that young age, the bird's claws and beak were already those of a professional!

No comments:

Post a Comment