Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Beginning Zeke


I began working on the second week's piece for the Series 52 group, a Facebook Group began by Jeanne Oliver challenging other artists to join her in creating 52 pieces during 2018, preferably working in series.  Fiona was the first in this series of mine which I think will end up with 7 pieces.

This is little Zeke's portrait - a collage featuring my drawing of him as well as my effort of writing text purportedly from him about how he would like to be seen and understood.  The name I've given to this series is "See Me!"

So, after writing the text and drawing the portrait, I placed the basic elements of the collage.  By the way, although most of the text is obliterated in the finished piece, I transcribed it before I began and will print it out and put it in an envelope on the back of the piece.  My surface is a cradled board, 8" x 8".



Next I added more collage elements layered with washes of Golden fluid acrylics.  I almost always stick to the more transparent colors, by the way.  I also began to add some color to Zeke - also acrylic washes.  So far, so good.  And I really like the blue tissue paper that I added along the right edge.

No comments:

Post a Comment