Saturday, January 6, 2018

Fiona the Good - starting...


I joined a Facebook group started by Jeanne Oliver called Series 52.  Jeanne is looking for artists to join her in a year-long effort to created a body of work by painting in series - 52 in one year.  It didn't take long to decide to join the challenge.!!

I spent a few days thinking about what I wanted my series to be.  I had several ideas, but I was reluctant to commit to any one idea for 52 pieces.  Then I realized that I could paint as many pieces I want in any one series, and when it's finished, just start on another series.

So now I'm beginning my first piece in my first series, "See Me."  For each of my animal family members I'm going to do a collage with the two main pieces being a drawing and the animal and hand-written text exploring that "See Me" theme from that animal's point of view.  This first piece is of my dog Fiona.  She has quite a bit to say about seeing her - nearly two pages of fairly small writing!

I will compose this piece on a 12" x 12" cradled wood panel.  It's pretty exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment