Thursday, January 18, 2018

Zeke - The Rest of the Story


Here are two photos of the finished Zeke.  I took the one above at an angle that would show the gold, and the one below at an angle that didn't.

The noteworthy technical thing is the use of graphite.  In the past I've had trouble getting graphite to stick.  Even when I sprayed with workable fixatif the graphic didn't work.  On this one, I used only Liquitex matte gel medium as an adhesive and Liquitex gesso for knocking back color.  Otherwise I used Golden fluid acrylics.  The graphic worked fine over this substrate.

When I was done (except for the gold) I varnished with a satin varnish and the graphite didn't smudge.  For once, I remembered that if I wanted to varnish I had to do it before I added the gold.  Varnish over gold just dulls it!






No comments:

Post a Comment